I will start out this post with an apology for my absence and lack of content in the last months. My absence has been motivated by my efforts to put together a number of projects in different fields and directions, which I am proud to say have started to bear some fruitful results.
As a direct result of the work I have done, I am happy to announce that in the coming weeks I will be launching my own consultancy office in Bucharest, Romania, which will mainly focus on covering and exploring, to the best of my capabilities, the field of European spatial planning & research.
Working with international consultancies and NGOs on several research projects, which touch on this field made me realise that there is a serious gap regarding European spatial planning, especially in the Eastern part of the EU and its neighbours.
Due to the vastness of this field and my current resources, I will not be so bold or arrogant and say that I will cover the field in its entirety. I will start however, by covering a number of services, which I found to be needed, at least in Romania, especially in the context of the future EU programming period and the EU 2020 strategy:
- spatial & policy analysis and recommendations required for future developments or policy drafting and to insure a bi-directional integration of EU development priorities and local development opportunities, in the context of Europe 2020;
- studies and analyses aimed at identifying local development opportunities in the context of the 2014-2020 EU programming period (preparatory actions and strategy drafting);
- urban & regional master-planning, elaboration of other regional, urban and local plans, strategies and policies;
- consultancy towards resolving policy and governance issues for the 2014-2020 programming period;
- EU documents analysis, policy briefings and reports;
- preparatory workshops & presentations on Europe 2020 issues, spatial planning concepts, urban regional planning issues and solutions;
- mediation between individuals, local groups, businesses, and public administration & institutions concerning planning and development issues.
If what presented above sparked your interest or you believe there are instances in which I am able to help, please do not hesitate to contact me at: contact [at] alexghita [dot] eu.
Alexandru F. Ghita