The consortium I am part of as a consultant, lead by Spatial Foresight was commisioned by DG Regio to carry out a “Study on promoting multi-level governance in support of Europe 2020”. The study aims at generating lessons from policy experiences and at stimulating the learning and exchange between regions. As part of the study we are looking for 16 twinning partners (European regions or cities) interested in partnering with 8 case study regions on improving multi-level governance: DEADLINE 22 January 2014
The study focuses on two specific policy fields linked to the Europe 2020 Strategy, namely energy efficiency measures with a special focus on the existing building stock and social inclusion in urban areas. Four case studies under each policy field shall serve as basis for the mutual learning and exchange process. This process is accompanied by the consortium both by providing technical assistance, facilitation support and by analysing the cases and activities.
The following case studies shall provide the above mentioned basis.
- ENERGY – DE – Regional Energy Strategy Prignitz-Oberhavel
- ENERGY – SI – Vrhnika: Local energy concept
- ENERGY – IT – Lombardy: Regional Territorial Plan for the Alpine Valleys Area
- ENERGY – FR – Energivie project Alsace: Resource efficient building stock
- SOCIAL – SE – Stockholm: Sustainable Social Urban Development
- SOCIAL – PL – Revitalisation Projects in Pomorskie Region
- SOCIAL – RO – Timisoara: Migrant in intercultural Romania
- SOCIAL – UK – Liverpool City Region: Business start-up support in disadvantaged communities
More details on the project and how to apply can be found here: Spatial Foresight, DG Regio